Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thing 20 : FB

Ahh yes ... we finallly come to the true time-hog of all time, Facebook. Well, do you hear that giant sucking noise? Yes, that is my soul being sucked into the online "friend" tool known as Facebook. Every since joining I've found myself checking it once, twice, three times a day, almost always adding to my list of "friends". However I know to keep myself in check. Probably my most fun reconnect is with peers from library school. They keep me on my toes. I must confess, I've been reticent to join any groups (although I know this is in the "thing") because I just don't want to get inundated with comments and mini-postings from all over the place. Trying to keep it simple, right? As for MySpace, I see the merit in this but I just don't like it as well as Facebook -- too much clutter, too many distractions on the page, just too much. However, I have used MySpace on occasion as a selector of music cds to find local bands, listen to sound clips, and just check out stuff in general. The teen librarian at my workplace also has created a teen space on MySpace. But I guess my main complaint about MySpace are the somewhat groddy ads that pop-up (from Match.com to "Pimp my Profile" and photos of Victoria Beckham ... yeah, I'm sure they're clean ...) Score? Facebook : 9, MySpace : 3.

1 comment:

Carolnb said...

I like your photo of the day.