Monday, March 23, 2009

Thing 25 : Blogging tools n' such

Well, so far I dutifully went through and watched all he YouTube posted video clips and found that it doesn't look terribly difficult to add a widget/gadget to my blog. However, the first one I wanted to add (from Google) titled "Children's Book of the Day" (natch) did not properly load. All I got was the little box with the red "x". Hmmm ... I think perhaps it's time to try a (gasp!) non-Google product, so I will poke around and see if I can find something else.

Additionally, when I went back to the "More Things" site, I could not re-load a video that I had just watched seconds before. I received the "this video is no longer available" message. Bummer, I'd wanted to re-check something that I'd seen on the Robin Good series (very good, btw, almost as clear as the Common Craft videos ... tho' those are truly superior for simple, straightforward instructions). I will have to do this later.

My first thoughts, however, are that nearly all of the gadgets suggested are ones that I would not want in my blog. Why would I want to track my blog? No one is looking at it except for me, so that's just depressing. Sound? Nope. I always turn sound off when I visit a site, so I wouldn't want that one either. More photos? I already am satisfied with my Flickr site and if I want to display any stellar photos, I'll post them. So ... I will have to see what else I can find.

More later ...

1 comment:

Carolnb said...

I like to look at your blog.