Saturday, February 23, 2008

Not a Thing

Got to post a little bit of perspective here ... while I'm at the reference desk in my library. How is it possible that I'm trying to learn RSS, Flickr, blogs, etc. while patrons are having trouble figuring out how to print color images from the Internet? Somehow I feel like we're moving too fast for the masses, and that average folks (NOT teens or kids) are stuck back on the "So now I can master the mouse -- what next?" level. I fear that in the next 3 to 5 years a small percentage of tech-savvy people will be leaving more and more patrons in the dust. Or not? Curious as to what others think, but it was an interesting juxtaposition, me reading up on RSS and a patron asking me to show him how to print a color image from the Internet ...

No comments: