Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thing 3, part 2

I decided to go with Bloglines because I use Google so much and wanted to give someone else a shot (awww ....) I have to say that I think RSS could be incredibley useful -- and addictive! I added not only some of my peers' blogs, but a few news sites that I visit fairly often. However, I'm not sure if this will just be added to my list of things-I-must-do-every-day-online (email [both accounts], monitor IM, check my library account, my cell phone account, blah blah blah) but it will be handy to find all the updated information I may need or want in one place. RSS is a very crafty tool and seems fairly basic as well, a big plus in my department. I also decided to forgo adding a bloglines button to my toolbar. I prefer a very simple, basic toolbar so as to provide as much "screen" space as possible. My biggest complaint about web sites is that some of them decide that you should have their button on your toolbar. No thanks. I'll bookmark instead!

No comments: