Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thing 16 - Homework Help

Well, I kinda wish I had some of this when I was a student ... it was nice to see the layout of how an assignment should progress. I also liked the handy links to external research sites (U of MN's Assignment Calculator) and that everything was right there at your fingertips.

On the other hand (oh yes, there's always this), how does this teach students to be able to achieve time management on their own? If your computer is always telling you where you should be in the process, that could also be sort of annoying ("No, I'm not done gathering materials and no, I don't want to make an outline today! Leave me alone!").

However, if students can link to their (academic) library for help with the project, I think it could potentially be a powerful tool ... although it does tend to spoon feed you everything.

Done.

No comments: